
that there are only 85 days left until Christmas?! YES - it's true!
I'm one of those people that does Christmas shopping the day AFTER Christmas for the next year. (better sales that way!) The hardest part about this was getting started that first year - the money was tight because it's all spent on this Christmas, but once we got going it has made things so nice! The other downside is that you (well, at least me) forget what you got and for whom and then you buy more than necessary!
So today while I was de-junking my closet I decided that I should make a list of what I already have for Christmas this year - and who it's for - and then tape that list to the inside wall of my closet (TIM - NO PEEKING!) and hopefully this will keep me from over spending. Since the closet is where I keep most of my goodies, it makes logical sense for me! For the last 2 hours I have been sorting through goodies and writing names on them, making my list (and checking it twice). Guess what? I was really surprised at what I already had! Many items I had forgotten about!! So - that's what I'm up to today - it's been fun, but now it's time to move on to another room to de-junk (maybe I'll find more goodies!)
3 comments:
OOOO! Wish I could have come over this morning, that sounds like fun. We've been on a pre school field trip and now I am off to do my VT. Nothing like waiting till the last day, eh?
yeah I Christmas shop all year round.. I really need to curve the appetite.. but I can't help it! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!
I don't have anything for Christmas yet :(.
My kids look everywhere for things so trying to buy something and hide it is crazy. They would find it and I would have forgotten where I put it.
Hugs
Post a Comment