me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

canning and friends..



I guess at this point I can proclaim to be a canner! When we moved to Utah a few years ago, a neighbor asked me if I knew how to bottle fruit. I had no clue where one would even begin to bottle fruit so I was eager to learn and so glad that she offered to teach me! Now here we are 2 years later and I have that "look Mom, no hands" sort of feeling! This past weekend I bought 23 lbs of pears and today I got around to bottling them. Yes it does take some work -but to have "fresh fruit" throughout the year, and knowing that I did it myself so I know what's in that jar, makes me smile!

While I was on my canning mission today I got a phone call from a friend. We just yapped - nothing big. Then a little bit later she showed up at my house - ready and willing to help. Not long after she walked in, 2 other friends showed up too! (Man, word spreads fast!) At this point my pears were cooking so there wasn't anything left to do - but it was great to take 30 minutes to sit and visit and just giggle together! What a great day!

2 comments:

msaonika said...

WELL! I wish that I had been there - after all, I LOVE Pears. So, perhaps you will bestow a jar upon me since you used my Canner ... Hmmm?? anyway - I love you, and I am so glad that you finally figured out how to Can things. It will be great for your storage efforts!

Christy Woolston said...

Amen to that and here's to good friends...since we don't drink, I'm raising a chocolate bar :).