me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Another funny...

My kids crack me up! Let me preface this by saying that when things like elections roll around, I'm always cautious about the thoughts of my children. I know that kids often mimic what their parents say/want/do, but in something as important as electing our leaders, I want my kids to make up their own minds as to who they agree or disagree with. I know that right now my kids are young, but they aren't too young to know what each person believes and then to decide if they like that or not.
So, on to the story... We were on our way to church this morning and K says "I can't believe that "kids vote" voted for Obama"
N: I want to vote for Obama (starts chanting, Obama, Obama)
M: Barack, Barack, Barack - I'm voting for Barack!
MOM: Why? Why do you guys want to vote for Barack Hussein Obama?
N: I don't know
M: Just because

So, I asked again - WHY? Because and I don't know aren't good answers. You should know WHY you want to vote for someone. So why are you voting for Barack?
N: Because
M: yeah, because
MOM: Ok, what is it that Barack Hussein Obama is going to do for you?
N (followed by M) enthusiastically : NOTHING!

I smiled!

2 comments:

Carter Clan said...

LOL HILLARIOUS!

Carter Clan said...

Kids are smarter then we think :)