me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Monday, October 20, 2008

Attorneys

They just twist your words and get you into trouble you know!
At church yesterday, someone asked me if she could take me to lunch this week for my b-day. I told her NO. I don't like people to fuss over me - I like to be the one making the fuss over you! So, going out because it's my birthday isn't something that I really wanted people to be trying to do! I told Tim "Tim, there are going to be some ladies calling you this week and they want to take me to dinner. No matter what you need to do your best to overthrow their efforts! I'm busy all week long!". Tim says "Okay".
Phone rings on Sunday afternoon. Tim answers. Conversation ensues. Tim hangs up. "You're going to lunch" WHAT? Are you kidding me? Did you not hear our earlier conversation? UUGGHH! I said "Dear, I said I didn't want to go out!" and Tim replies "You said you didn't want to go to DINNER, not that you didn't want to go to lunch!".
GEEZ - I guess that's why he's an attorney!
So, today I was greeted by a few of my closest friends for a very enjoyable lunch at the Olive Garden! Thanks ladies - I loved the food, conversation, and company! You are all wonderful, but next time, lunch is on ME!

2 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

Glad you played along. It was very nice, wasn't it?

Carter Clan said...

LOL this one was soooo funny. Tim is awesome!!! LOVE IT