me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Birthdays

Birthdays are so funny to me. When we are kids all we want is presents, presents, and more presents! (at least I did). With that, many of us want the party too! (I know I did!) But as we get older, I think that many of us are satisfied with just the knowledge that it's our birthday and we like others to notice - but there doesn't have to be a big shin dig for you to be happy (at least not for me!).
So, when I opened my planner on Tuesday night it was blank for Wednesday! Yeah - I have a carefree day! Then Wednesday morning I opened my planner and see this:
3pm - Get dolled up
4:30pm - Dinner with family
6pm - Date with Tim
HHHMMM... that's nice - someone was thinking of me!
So the day went on and then I got this....

"The kids" got me this corsage that "YOU HAVE TO WEAR TO DINNER"! So I did!


Oh the best - see where we went! (hence dinner at 4:30 because by 5pm there was a line and by the time we left it was a 30-45 minute wait!) After we left, we took the kids to my sister's house and Tim and I went to a haunted house! It was fun (on the scary level - maybe a 2 but the best was watching the girls scream!) I might take K there next week! After we returned to my sister's house, she had this waiting..

That silly girl! I don't like cheesecake at all - never have! But I mentioned to her that I had been craving this Lemon Torte that they have and guess what - she went and got it for my birthday! How sweet of her! So, we all sat and had a piece! YUMMY!
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and the great day! I got flowers from my hubby and a good friend! I bought myself a few treats to decorate with too! By the way - this isn't just my birthDAY, it's my birthday WEEK! We've done something every day and will continue to do so until Saturday! How fun - this is better than one big shin dig on just one day!

3 comments:

Carter Clan said...

Sorry I couldn't be there.. but we'll hang out tonight. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS. I LOVE YOU!!!

Christy Woolston said...

What fun. Texas Roadhouse...I'm jealous. Way to go Tim. A man who gives it thought and tries to make it special. Good Job!

Unknown said...

And that Lemon Torte WAS so worth it - I will never NEVER complain in the future about the Lemon Torte! :D And you do know, you practically took me on a CRUISE for my birthday - a Lemon Torte return HARDLY compares...

LOVE YA!