
Last week I was at a book store and they were having a big day full of prizes, goodies, and other things! Everyone that entered the store was entered into a drawing - which took place every 15 minutes throughout the day. Catch - you had to be present to win! So, I was there for about an hour and in that time my name was drawn and I won this book by Sheri Dew (If Life Were Easy, It Wouldn't Be Hard)!
I started reading the book this week and I must say - it's rather interesting! Today I read a chapter titled "The Lord will carry our burdens but not our baggage" and there is a picture of a pack mule. In the chapter, Sister Dew states that burdens are different from baggage in that burdens are part of our mortal existence - heartache, wavering faith, and so on. However, baggage is what weighs us down - it's sin that isn't repented of or natural man behaviors like worry, anger, regret, and pride. As I pondered this I thought about times in my life when I've been weighed down by jealousy or anger or even something that I never reconciled and it had been nagging me for a while and I realize that Sister Dew is right - the baggage is heavy and awkward. Interesting - can't wait to read the next chapter!
No comments:
Post a Comment