me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Friday, October 17, 2008

OHNO


Today we got to go to the Olympic Oval and watch the World Cup Speed Skating, Short track. This is something that we enjoy watching on TV and we understand the rules and all of that - but we've never been in person. So, when the opportunity came, we took it! Tim got tickets from work and off we went!

There is someone famous in this picture? Do you know who it is? Hint: his name is Apollo and he's 26yrs old!
That's right - we got to see Apollo Anton Ohno skate today. What a treat! He is so smooth in what he does, so casual. He makes speed skating look easy - like something I could go out and do tomorrow! He was, of course, a crowd favorite. Everyone cheered for him and he won the races that we saw. Of course these were only pre-lims and the finals aren't until Sunday - but it was still great to see and say "I saw him!".
The kids had a good time but were more than ready to go home 3 hours into the event. They got "bam bam sticks" and had fun banging those together - annoying every adult around, including us! We had an impromptu lunch there too and while M was trying to get her corn dog off of the stick, it slipped and went flying over the back of the rafters and onto the ice behind us (fortunately that wasn't being used by anyone!) We all had a good laugh but M didn't think it was all that funny so Tim gave up his corn dog! I am glad that I got to share this experience with my kids, I hope that they had a good day too!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a treat!!! That sounds like such a blast. I feel bad about the corn dog...that Tim is quite the gentleman ;)

msaonika said...

I am sorry that I missed this one. I wanted to go, but ALAS!, I am a working girl now. :( Glad that you got pictures and had some fun!