Some highlights from this past week...
This week, N was the VIP in his class! This meant that we got to make a poster that highlighted the things that were special to N, he got to take a show & tell each day, and on Friday Mommy got to take treats and do some scratch art with the students! When we wrapped up the VIP week today the students told me THANK YOU in Chinese, Lithuanian, and Spanish - how cool!
N played a great soccer game this week. That's him - #4! Sometimes these boys forget that they are on the same team! You can sort of tell from this picture - but we call this team the Aryan Nation. They are almost all blond hair and blue eyes! TOO FUNNY! (they won 3-2)
L tried to figure out the workings of K's camera at N's game. He would look through it and then look at it - you could just see that little brain working! While we were cheering "go, go, go", I noticed that L was trying to mimic us. Pretty soon he was saying "ga, ga, ga" and clapping right along with us. We were able to catch a small bit of this on video but for whatever reason I can't get it uploaded at this time - so I'll have to update it later!
M and K also had soccer games this week. Unfortunately I didn't get to go to M's game because it was at the same time as K's game and at two different fields. Since Tim is M's coach he got to go with M and I got to go with K. At the start of the soccer season K had no clue. She was the only team mate that had never played before and she wasn't really sure of herself. She still has a lot to learn, but she sure has come a long way. Look at this - she actually ran and got the ball - and what you don't see is that there is nothing between her and the goal at this point! WAY TO GO K! I told K at the end of the game that I absolutely loved watching her play this game. She had a few shots on the goal, she attacked the ball, she RAN! Thanks K for a fun game and great memories! (they won 3-1)
While at K's game I noticed that she kept looking in my direction but her gaze was past me. I turned around to see what it was she kept glancing at. What a beautiful sunset - no wonder she couldn't take her eyes off of it!
Today L fell out of his booster seat. Well - truthfully, he didn't fall out. He rocked it and rocked it until it tumped over and he went with it. Hence the funny eye! This evening we had corn on the cob with our dinner. L loved it! When we were done and the dishes were cleared, L got a piece out of the trash and gnawed on it until it was nothing. We tried to take it away from him but he screamed like you've never heard before. He really liked the corn!
1 comment:
Yep - N is getting pretty good. Wish I could have seen more of K's games, but at least M's team won the last 2 games. L, you are just one goofy little kid.
Post a Comment