me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Friday, November 28, 2008

{Black Friday} MADNESS

WOW - CRAZY - SWEATY - WET - LOUD.... just a few things to describe my Black Friday Frenzy!
My baby sis decided to spend the night with me so that we could get up early this morning and enjoy a little entertainment (and shopping too).
THE PLAN:
Wake up at 3am and head to Kohl's because they open at 4am. Then to Walmart for the 5am sale. Then to Home Depot for the 6am sale. Drop the sis back at the house so she can make it home by 7am in order for her DH to head to work. Then I would head back to Smith's for their sale on games, 7am to Walgreen's, and then to Shopko to see what's left!
ACTION:
We did get up- right on time. Ash was already awake - said she was anxious! We got to Kohl's at 3:30am! There was a line - it was raining - but we were happy! There were only about 60 people in line when we got there but the line was wrapped around the building by 4am! Ash and I were in the building - got what we wanted - checked out and were heading to Walmart by 4:05am (SERIOUSLY!!!) What a sense of accomplishment - we were so buzzed by this point - what a rush!!!
WALMART: CRAZY MAD HOUSE!!! Screaming women (and men) everywhere! TRAFFIC JAM inside the store. You couldn't use a buggy if you wanted to! But get this - we found what we wanted, stood by it, got it at 5am and we checked out and were on our way to Home Depot by 5:25am! YES - another crazy rush - what fun!! On a side note, I had to crouch down between a crowd of stinky people and stick my hands between the sea of legs to grab something that I wanted. So if those legs belonged to any of you readers - sorry! And thank goodness for cell phones - I lost Ash a few times - or maybe she lost me - but either way those phones sure did come in handy this morning!!
HOME DEPOT: Another line but this time hugely disproportionate in favor of the men. We were about 50 back and there was only one thing I wanted here - POINSETTIAS! Again - success! We were in and out in 5 minutes with the loot in hand! AMAZING!!
After I dropped Ash off I headed back out to Smith's Market Place (buy one get one free on ALL games). And again - success!!! Then off to Walgreens for another single item (why can't they all be at the same store?!) and yet again I was able to achieve the endeavor!!
Now to Shopko - nothing specific here, just browsing (at 7:15am) and I came out with 2 things. I love this time of year!
There was only one thing that I had my eye on that I wasn't able to secure. So I call this a pretty successful Black Friday! The weather was a little wet - but much warmer than I expected. I missed AA, she is always fun to shop with, but I was so glad that Ash decided to go out with me - we had a great time too! I was home by 8am and my family didn't even miss me - they were just waking up!
AA didn't miss all the fun though - she did a little shopping of her own in a TX Walmart! She got EVERYTHING that she wanted too - WAY TO GO GIRLS!! It was fun, let's do it again on November 27, 2009!!!!

3 comments:

Martha said...

Sounds like you had fun. Wish I had been there.

Carter Clan said...

LOL It was totally fun. LOVED IT.. and now the sun is out.. can you believe that. Next year is a date!

Christy Woolston said...

Crazy! You shoulda called me...I don't have sisters to shop with. Don't know that I would of come I only saw one thing in an ad that I wanted and I found it online anyway...free shipping to boot. Glad you got some sister time in.