me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Monday, December 1, 2008

Ramblings!

Here are my ramblings before I head off to the cleaners!
* Have you looked at the calendar? YUP - December 1st! WOW, where did this year go?
Can that be right? I mean, there isn't any snow yet! Sure, people are putting up their Christmas decorations and all, but it's hard to get into the spirit if you don't have snow!!
* Do you have a cabinet full of cookbooks? I'm wondering how many of us really (I mean REALLY) use our cookbooks! Recently I decided that it was time to expand our taste bud horizons by trying 1 or 2 new recipes each week. This has made me REALLY have to use the cookbooks that I have. We've come upon a few that we really liked (like Chicken lasagna or tortilla corn bites) and of course there is the occasional "I'm not sure about this concoction!". But all in all it's been a fun adventure and the kids have even started saying "don't say you don't like it - you've never had it!" So tonight on the menu - seafood enchiladas - sounds yummy!
* Wonder when AA arrives home today - I miss her!
* My dad is coming to town next week! CAN'T WAIT! He hasn't told me if he is staying at my home yet or if they are going to a hotel. I better straighten the guest room just in case! I probably won't see too much of him though. There is so much going on. But just knowing that he is close has always been comforting!
* Tim's parents may be dropping in for Christmas this year. What fun! We love to have them visit. We wish that they lived closer too but for now the long distant visits will have to do. One day...maybe!
* I'm so glad that the blue marker that L was sucking on didn't permanently stain his teeth, mouth, or clothes!
* I have lots to do today. My house is CLEAN! I'm so glad that we cleaned the walls and baseboards this weekend because it makes me feel so much better! Like things aren't so grimy! I LOVE IT!!!
* Off to the store now, and the cleaners, and Desseret books! Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Martha said...

Oh, wish I was there to go with you. Deseret Books is calling my name. Miss you all so much.

Christy Woolston said...

That is a smorgasbord of Aislinn thoughts. Love it!