me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sad

In my sidebar of links to people I love to read about - you'll find a link for the Russell Family. Click on that link and read the post entitled "In the Face of Hatred". I find this post sad. I am very aware that there is a great amount of ignorance in this world. I'm very aware that hatred is alive and well. But to blame one group for the Ban on Gay Marriage is preposterous. I believe that the only reason that these people are attacking those of the LDS faith, and the church as a whole, is because they are ignorant and since they are - then they can feed off of other people's ignorance as well - which makes the Church an easy target.
The LDS faith did not send money to put a ban on Gay marriage - that would be a violation of the separation of church and state. They did, however, encourage their members to support marriage and the sacredness of it by getting involved in having the ban passed.
If ANY OTHER FAITH were being attacked like the LDS faith is then it would be called racist. But that's not the case. Why do you think that is?
Did you know that only 2% of "Mormons" made up the vote to ban Gay marriage in CA? YUP. In fact, a great majority of the vote came from Obama supporters, Latinos and other religious groups. So - why aren't they being sent hate mail, having their homes vandalized, or their places of worship vandalized? It's because of the ignorance of the world. It's because groups pick on other groups to make themselves feel better.
What a sad state of affairs.

No comments: