me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Our Visitors....

Last week my dad and his wife "R" came to visit us. (Well, they really came to support AA and her family as they went through them temple - but since we all live in the same place...). Anyway, they stayed here at my home and that was nice because if they hadn't, I might not have seen them at all! It was a rather busy week and it's hard to divide your time between 3 of your children (and their children) when there is so much going on.
My dad was able to pick up L and hold him on this visit. Last time we saw each other he couldn't pick L up at all and he needed help holding him too. This is because my dad had to have surgery on his neck and shoulder. 2 years ago he came to Utah for Ash's wedding and he was in a car accident. That accident left a lot of damage in his neck and shoulder which needed surgery to repair. So, it was a great that he was able to move and groove a little more this time around!This is just me and my sisters. Aren't we cute?!
Anyway - after my dad left on Monday I returned home and began cleaning (again). I went downstairs to get something and when I opened the basement door I was overwhelmed with the scent of my dad's cologne. For some reason this brought tears to my eyes and I just sat down there for a few minutes thinking about him and his visit. I didn't get any alone time with my dad on this trip, but the trip wasn't for me - so I understand. But as the oldest child, the one who was always expected to show responsibility and maturity - it would have been nice to go out just he and I. But then again, that's the pitfall of having 3 of us all in the same state, and so little time to spend! However, I am grateful for the few minutes of passing each day. I'm glad that I got to see him and R, to have what conversations we did have. One day they'll have to come when there is nothing to do - when they can spend a week and just go and see everything and visit with everyone! That would be great!

2 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

I bet you wish they could have stayed a bit longer. Thanks for sharing them though. We loved seeing them again and enjoyed being a part of the family for the weekend.

Tiffany said...

Darn it all for being the oldest :) You are one of the nicest people ever...and your ability to put your own wants/needs aside for your family this weekend just proves it. Here's to hoping for a just-you vacation :)