me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another question from the journal jar

Q: How did your mother spend her time?

A: Good question! I know that I've stated this before, but my parents divorced when I was about 12 years old. After that I went to live with my father. Prior to this my memories of my mom are rolled into one great whole! My mom stayed at home with the kids a lot of the time. She was always there when we got home from school, she was there when we left in the morning, she was just there. I remember when we lived in New Mexico that she took a job at JC Penny (I think) as a gift wrapper. I don't know if she liked it or not - but she wraps pretty presents that's for sure!
My mom played the piano a lot, she led the music in primary too - so that kept her busy. She also liked needle work and seemed to have a project going most of the time. She was a good referee for the kids, and always seemed to have a snack or two around! After we moved to California she started working in the legal sector as a secretary. I think that this was only part time though. When she divorced my dad I'm sure that she continued to work. She moved back to New Mexico and I know that she had a job there - but I'm not sure what it was.
However, I know that now my mom spends her time shopping for grand kids, working as a legal secretary, playing Relief Society President, helping others, reading books, and playing the piano. She likes to cook too and always has a new recipe to try. YUP - I'd say that my mom stays pretty busy and I know that she did her best to divide her time where she could so that we'd all be happy! THANKS MOM!

No comments: