Q: Do you have any special childhood memories of playing with cousins?
A: Since were were the only branch of the family (on both sides) that actually lived out of the state of Louisiana there wasn't much playing with cousins - except when we popped in for a visit here and there. I remember spending the night with my cousin Keri (my mom's side) and watching Purple Rain (you know, with PRINCE). Back then I had no clue what that movie was about - and I still don't because I haven't seen it since! We had a lot of sleepovers with Keri and her sister, Wendy.
Additionally we also spent time with cousins from my dad's side. Scott was by far my favorite cousin. He was always up to something. One thing in particular that I remember was playing hide and go seek in the woods between his house and my grandma's. It was less than 1/4 of a mile between the two but when you're in the thick woods there are a bazillion places to hide and it's funny to watch people pass right by you and have no idea that you're even there!
We did a lot with our cousins - on both sides - when we were around. There were always parties, trips to Fun Fair Park (which is now part of a HUGE park), sleep overs, family reunions of sorts. So every time we saw our cousins was a special memory to me - because it wasn't an every day sort of thing and I cherish those moments!
1 comment:
Purple Rain? Did we actually watch that! LOL. I really wish we had lived closer so we could have grown up together but for the past 10 years we have been close! Well close as in relationship wise because we BOTH know we are not close in distance! Ok this isn't a childhood memory but it's the BEST memory so far that I have had with you and that was the week I spent with you on the cruise! I will NEVER forget that! It's funny how life plays out, even though you never really lived in La., you are closer to me than any other cousin that did live in La.
Love you,
You are the greatest!
ME :)
Post a Comment