me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Our week in PICTURES!

Yeah - it's time for a picture update from our past week! I apologize for not posting this yesterday, however - in my defense - my laptop is shot AGAIN (geez did I get a lemon or what?!) and I'm back to having to load the pictures on the desk-top, which is like a foreign language to me! Anyway, so here is what we've been up to in the last week! We had so much fun that I couldn't just pick one picture for each day - ENJOY!

FRIDAY: Last Friday we packed up our suitcases and made the 14hr drive to Omaha, Nebraska to surprise our friends there! The kids were great in the car! They played, they slept, and K listened to her I-Pod most of the time! The road was long and you could see for miles - but the trip was so worth it!!

SATURDAY: We called the Warren's and the Crawford's just miles out of town to find out what they were up to! I had to take this pic of Tim talking on the phone because they had no idea that we were descending upon them - AWESOME! We caught up with the Crawford's at a local wal-mart and surprised them there! I caught a curious look with my camera - but that confusion turned to surprise in seconds!! Late in the day we were all reunited once again and we had a great time!!
SUNDAY: Once again we spent our time with our friends! Today we had dinner at the Warren house! The kids played great together! The adults did too! K and Tristan have known each other since T was born - I can't believe how big they have gotten. N discovered snakes and thought that they were pretty cool! Kylie and M wouldn't look at the camera to save my life! We all had a great time!
Monday & Tuesday: We had to load up and start making the drive back to SLC! We grabbed some breakfast at the hotel and made the rounds to say goodbye. We were sad to have to leave, but the kids had school so we needed to get going. We stopped in Scottsbluff on Monday night and stayed with some great friends there too! Then on Tuesday we took a trip down memory lane by driving through Laramie and showing the kids where we used to live! I took pictures of things that I am happy to live without (like trains, feed lots, and the sugar factory). We passed the Lincoln Monument - something I thought I'd never see again -it marks the highest point on I-80 - sort of cool! McD's became our favorite stopping spot but I was glad to get home to some "real" food.
WEDNESDAY: M found herself sick and we were cleaning up after her all day!
THURSDAY: K had her first practice for Fiddler on the Roof. It's going to be a long 2 months!
FRIDAY: A surprise visit from Grandma! (Well, it was a surprise for the kids - they had no idea and they were so excited when they saw her after school!) YEAH - we love surprises!
FRIDAY: We got to attend the open house for the new Draper Temple! What a beautiful sight. It was totally awesome to get to take the kids and show them what beauty lies inside these amazing walls! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carter Clan said...

WOW your trip looks awesome.. I've been trying to get Aonika into photography but maybe I need to be working on you... you little shutterbug you. Glad you had a great time and that you're back. We can't wait to take Brendan to the temple in Draper!!