me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Thursday, January 15, 2009

this journal question is trouble..

Q: Describe your significant other.

A: HA HA HA - the first thing I thought was "do you want a physical description of then and now? or do you want an overall description?" (the thoughts made me smile! Anyway, I'll just describe Tim as I know him now - how's that?
Tim is a man who is full of useless information (just ask him). He enjoys reading - ANYTHING that he can get his hands on and he has a gift for retaining the information that is the least significant! However, this "gift" is what makes him interesting to be around. He knows a little about EVERYTHING so our conversations are always informative and interesting!
Tim enjoys politics and he's very opinionated about where he stands.
Tim enjoys hunting. It's funny to watch him get ready for a hunting trip. He'll begin preparing several days in advance. He'll clean his gun a few times. Check and recheck all of his gear. Go back and forth between rooms several times talking about "I need this to ...." and "I need that to...". I just sit and nod my head!
I like to tease Tim about the number of shoes he has and the amount of time he spends in the bathroom getting ready for work. He would give some women a run for their money! He has a pair of shoes for everything and quite a few more pairs than I have! I try to throw them out once in a while and I get "NO, I use those for mowing the lawn" or "NO, I use those to play baseball". A shoe for everything!
Tim is a good father as well. He is always willing to help the kids with homework, or play a quick game. He does his best to show up to ALL of their activities and support them. He always has an encouraging word or two and a little advice on the side. Like any parent, there are things he struggles with, but we'll overlook those things for now!
As far as a spouse, I couldn't ask for anything more. I am very fortunate to be blessed with someone so understanding, patient, and caring for needs of his family. He is fun loving. He's a procrastinator! He has helped me to learn a little more about HISTORY (which I loathe but he loves so it's a good balance). He loves his mother tremendously. He helps around the house. He changes diapers. He lets me be me! He understands when I go out with my friends and don't return for HOURS! He encourages me to do things that I want to do. He supports my decisions and actions. He shares my beliefs, joys, and pains. He doesn't complain when things don't work out the way he planned. He's spontaneous and romantic. I wouldn't trade him for anything!

1 comment:

elkaholic said...

You are gonna make me blush.