Q: Describe one of your favorite recipes - where did it come from?
A: OUCH - hard question! For those of you that know me, you know that I enjoy cooking! I enjoy the food network, cooking magazines, and reading cook books like novels! I enjoy finding new things for my family to try and many of my favorite recipes involve chocolate!
One of my favorites would be a cranberry turkey croissant. Basically you use chopped turkey, Swiss cheese, dried cranberries, and some seasonings and you roll it in a croissant and bake it. DELICIOUS!! The original recipe was introduced to me at a Pampered Chef party, but I've since altered it a bit and I like mine better!
Another one that I enjoy is chocolate fondue. I know that many people just melt chocolate chips for this, but not me! I use bakers chocolate, cinnamon, vanilla and cream for a truly delicious dip. Where did this come from? Again, a concoction of my mind - I altered another recipe that came off of the back of a piece of bakers chocolate from Switzerland. It was a little difficult to decipher the language - but I did it and out came a heavenly chocolate dip that I'd eat every day of the week if I could!
3 comments:
so, when's our next lunch date? Oh, dang! It's at my house in February. Guess I'll have to wait. My mouth is watering for those delicious delights. :) I love trying new recipes, especially when they involve chocolate. I knew we were friends for a reason. :)
mmmmmmmmmm, chocolate, mmmmmmmmm (you have to read this in the voice of Homer Simson)
Next time we do chocolate fondue I'll be calling you!!!
Post a Comment