me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Love notes


Did you ever get a love note in school? Do you remember how it made you feel? Did you smile uncontrollably? Was it the same when your mom left you a little love note?
Today I got to go to the school. When I was done doing what I went to do, I stopped by M's classroom to peek in on her! I love doing this! There was no one in the classroom. So, I found M's desk, took out a piece of paper and wrote a quick note. "M, I LOVE YOU. Love, Mom". I know, short and sweet! I knew that M would be able to read this quick note and I was happy with that. So I left it in the middle of her desk and snuck out - unseen! I don't know who was more excited, me or M! When I picked her up from school she was beaming! I said "did you have a nice day?" and she said "YUP". Then silence! What? Did she not get my note? So I asked "did you get a note today?" and she said "YUP!" (her smile got bigger). "REALLY? - well, what did it say?" Then M repeated the note back to me. She told me that she read it all by herself. She smiled the whole way home. I smiled too. I love "love notes"!

2 comments:

JSCrawford said...

Cute, cute, cute. It's the little things that count. You're such a great mom!

Christy Woolston said...

I love your spontaneity. You 'da best!