
You always hear about the "silver lining". Finding the good side of the bad. When does that hit ya? How old, what maturity level? Is it something we're born with, or something learned?
N found a silver lining this morning - it made me laugh.
Scene: Me, sitting on my bed, watching the weather channel for today's report. Snowing outside. News for the weekend looks grim.
(N): What are you doing?
(Me): Watching the weather, not looking good!
(N): Is it cold today?
(Me): Yup - going to be. M and K's soccer games may be cancelled as well. Bummer eh? Looks like it will be sunny on Sat. though - but then snowing again on Sunday!
(N): Snow? On my Birthday?
(Me): Yeah dude - sorry, that sort of sucks doesn't it?!
(N - with hands raised in the air): WOO HOO - Snowball fight for my birthday!
He then runs out of the room cheering!
I smiled - so glad that he found something positive about the stinky spring weather! I don't know that I would have been that cheery!
4 comments:
Good for Nathan looking on the bright side of things. I wish I could do that all the time!
WOW... I didn't know about the little tidbit of Hussein... You will have to inform me more on this since I didn't even know what was going on...
Glad to see other things are going well! E-mail me information. LOVE YOu
I love that he's so darn positive... Great kid. What does he want for his Birthday? We will have the kids with us on Saturday... HUGS
Hi Aislinn. Heard on the radio today that they are having a $1 million dollar prize for the best new recipe. You going to try for this? (Sorry this has nothing do do with playing in the snow - although playing in the snow is fun)
Becky (from Valor cruise)
Post a Comment