me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools



Happy April Fool's Day! Mother nature has decided that we - the people of Utah - are the fools. Fools for thinking that Spring was actually here. Fools for pulling out the short sleeves and capris. Fools for putting away the comforters. Fools for "feeding" our lawns. She sprung us with a wonderful joke right off the bat - SNOW!! Can you believe it?!

M put on her swimming suit yesterday and grabbed a water gun and was running outside just as I caught her. SILLY GIRL - don't you know we're under a winter storm advisory?! She was disappointed! Maybe I should have let her go. Maybe Mother Nature would have seen her sweet face and decided that snow is a rather cruel joke after a week of nice weather - maybe she would have changed her mind!

Regardless, I have 4 of my own pranksters! They didn't realize it was April Fool's day until M's cereal turned blue - mysteriously. They all had the nerve to look at me like I did something to it! GEEZ! What trust! Then I start hearing things like "look a cow in our yard - April Fool's" or "you spilled milk on the floor - April Fool's". They need to learn to be a little more creative! However, I imagine that the rest of the day will follow suit and there will be little "jokes" said throughout. Silly kids!

No comments: