me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Big Boy Bed

Saturday night we decided to make the switch- it was time to move L to his "big boy bed". All day I gave him things to do in that room. I gave him his new comforter and said "let's put it on L's bed" and he'd run in and do it. The same with pillows and soft, fuzzy, blankets from his crib. Then I moved his dresser into the room too and he helped me push it (too funny).
As night approached I said "are you going to sleep in L's big boy bed" and he'd say "NO, big bed" - could this be the symbol of a long night ahead?
Finally 8pm rolled around - and it was time to go to the new room. He kept saying "no" the whole time. We put him in his bed and he jumped up again. We put him down again, and back up he came. Finally I just walked out and closed the door - and he screamed! I gave it a few minutes and then went in to the room. I picked him up and he wrapped his arms around me and squeezed so tight - he didn't want to let go. So, I laid down in his new bed with him - and kept saying "this is L's big boy bed - it's time to go to sleep". Just as he was getting drowsy I quietly left the room and he didn't make a peep. Later I snuck in and took this picture- there he is, sleeping in his "big boy bed". The night went alright - he came into my room around 3am and got into my bed - I just let him. We'll try again tonight.

1 comment:

Christy Woolston said...

I haven't even put Little Man in his "big boy bed" yet. We did one night on the "toddler bed" we have since sold and he fell out of it. I don't have rails on the big queen sized bed in his room and am afraid he'll fall out. There isn't even a wall next to the bed. I'd say L had a good first night. Keep trying.