
did you say "bought a pig"? If you said "bought a pig then you're RIGHT! How cool is that?! I was reading through some ads - looking for a second freezer (we have an upright - but it's full of Elk meat) because my mom is going to slaughter a cow this summer and we might need the extra freezer space. When low and behold I came across a farm that is selling off some of it's pigs for slaughter! So, I chatted with Tim and we determined that it was a great price so we did it! We bought a pig! We'll never see the thing - until he's on our table - but doesn't matter - he's ours! Do you wanna share the pig with me?! I wonder if the farm will let me go down and take a picture of my pig before they...you know! Anyway, we bought the pig and around May 15th or so they'll take him to be processed. We'll pick up nearly 200 lbs of meat around May 20th! So - fresh pork in my freezer - YUMMY! Maybe I'll have a BBQ! Now I really need to find another freezer!
5 comments:
PIGGY!
I love the picture of the snout...
GREAT SHOT
Well... if I had freezer space and more moolah I would totally be all over this with ya... but right now, I just don't. SO -
I will have to come and help you eat it.
:D
YAY FOR PIGGY!
Here Piggy, Piggy, Piggy. Sorry don't eat pork much at all but you enjoy that fat boy or lady...whichever. Congrats!
Yummmm I hear some pulled pork for dinner sometime.
Mmmmmmmmmmm, bacon! I will name our new pig Achmed, maybe Abdullah, beter yet Mohammed. Think I will get in trouble?
Two Words! SWINE FLU! LOL...Ok well that's really not funny! Alexis started running a temp last night and where have I been...To Mexico!
Post a Comment