me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break

Today is the start of Spring Break for these kids! As a student, this was the week that I looked forward to THE MOST! It meant that the school year was nearing an end, that I had a week of NO TEACHERS, and that most of the time we got to go and do something fun as a family. As I got older, Spring Break became a time to sit on the couch and catch up on a good book, clean the house, or hang out with friends. There was less and less traveling that took place because in high school spring break translated to state swim meets which translated to days of being gone!
So, now my kids are learning the meaning of spring break. Until this year, it really had no meaning for any of them. This is K's first year of public school, so Spring Break is a new concept. For M and N - they are just getting started! In light of this, I want to make this week as fun filled as I can. Of course there are some strings attached - before each day's adventure the rooms need to tidy. (they are still figuring this out this morning and that's why we're still here - but they'll get it done!). I haven't mapped out my week entirely but I wanted to give the kids a taste of what Utah has to offer. A history lesson of sorts. We want to see dinosaurs and pioneers. We want to go hiking and maybe take a dip in a hot spring. We might not have time for everything. It might rain on us. We might need to go to plan B (movies and other indoor activities). Regardless, I'm determined to NOT spend this week inside all day long!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

you are seriously such a wonderful mom. you're kids are way lucky :)