me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's day to me!

Please indulge me as I sit here and gush over my hubby! Tim is the perfect guy for me! He is thoughtful and kind. He tries to keep the best interest of our family at heart. He is intelligent, loving, and handy to have around. Tim has always done his best to provide for our family in a way that would allow me to stay at home and take care of our children. He never complains when I ask him to help out, to change a diaper, to clean the kitchen, to take the kids somewhere, etc.. He is always willing to allow me to be who I am and he always encourages me to do the things that I think will make me happy. He is amazingly supportive of my activities, interests, hobbies, friends, etc.. He doesn't complain when I stay out visiting with a neighbor or if I decide to buy a friend dinner just because. He understands when I need time alone, or when I need to be alone with him. I'm so grateful for that. Many people tell me, all the time, that Tim is a keeper. That he is an amazing husband. That he is not your "average bear". I know this to be true. I know that he is perfect for me in every way! I know that he isn't like other guys and I would never want him to be! Now - what has provoked this doting? Well - Sunday was Mother's Day and I got a very special gift. You see - I have an addiction. I am addicted to boats - not just any boat - but SHIPS - Cruise Ships! Tim suggested a cruise for me and my sisters (and my dad) a few years ago, and after that 7 day trip I was hooked. I love being treated like a princess, being waited on hand and foot. I love going to new places and I love the smell of the ocean, the view of the sunrise and the rocking of the waves. So - knowing this, Tim is sending me on a cruise for Mother's Day. He has offered to stay home with the kids or to work out with neighbors times when he can go in to work for a few hours. He has offered to handle everything at home and send me off for a few carefree days. I won't be going alone - my sisters will be going too (Happy Mother's day to them as well!) So in 1 week I'll be off on a ship - the very ship that my addiction started on! Now - isn't he just the sweetest thing?

5 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

Can I be your sister too? HAHA! You are a cruisin' fool. Hope you have a great time. What ports are on the agenda?

elkaholic said...

Yep - I am an amazing guy :D

Heidi Sue said...

Well I would say he is GREAT!! I know how you feel, Josh is the same, he is always helping out and letting me hang out with friends. I think you guys are the perfect match.
I hope that you and your sisters have fun.

Carter Clan said...

AWWW ... we love Tim too!!!

msaonika said...

I love that you love tim... I couldn't ask for a better hubby bear for you... :D