me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to some of my FAVORITE moms!

Happy Mother's Day! As this day has been nearing, all week long, I decided that I would pay tribute to a few of my favorite moms! Each special lady means so much to me. Each has touched my heart. There are LOTS and LOTS of moms out there that have influenced my world, that have taught me something and these beautiful women are just a few of those.




This is my GRANDMA Ross. She is a mother to many. Not only does she have her own 3 children, but she took the time to raise several of my cousins (her grandchildren) as well. To this day she still has a cousin of mine living with her. She loves to help others and takes very little for herself. She sends my children letters all the time, she is generous with what she has and she genuinely loves our Father in Heaven. We haven't always gotten along, but as I grow up I see more and more wisdom in her and I'm very grateful that she's my grandmother.



This is my good friend and neighbor, Christy. She is a wonderful example of a loving, compassionate, and understanding mother. She is also generous with her time and talents to her family. She makes sure that each of her children know that she loves them. She reminds me to smile! She does this for her neighbors too. She is fun loving and Christ centered. She's FANTASTIC!


This is Ronda - she's my "step-mother", but do technicalities matter? This sweet woman always has a kind word and never speaks ill of anyone. (and if she does - you wouldn't know it!). She is smart, funny, and witty. She is easy going and she is a great example of love and charity to family, friends, and neighbors. She reminds me to be patient! She always puts herself aside for the needs and desires of others. She gives everything she can to make sure her own family is happy. She is a WONDERFUL lady!





Meet one of my BEST FRIENDS - Shani! Wow - what a great mom! I've known Shani for 9 years but we've been really great friends for 6. Shani is an amazing example of courage, strength, love, and more. Shani had to travel a hard road to become a mother - but she now has 2 beautiful children who love her tremendously. She too gives her all for these guys and for her friends and family. She loves spending time with her kids and she loves watching them grow and learn new things. She is encouraging and positive and all around WONDERFUL! She's always up for long talks on the phone and a visit from friends or family! She reminds me to be strong and I'm so grateful for that!



This MOTHER is my Mother-in-law! I'll admit that 12 years ago I wasn't sure if I'd get along with this lady - she is opinionated and strong and confident. Then I realized that we are a lot alike and I LOVE HER! I love that she stands up for what she believes, I love that she speaks her mind, I love that she does ANYTHING she can for her family and that she isn't an idle parent. She enjoys cooking, reading, and doing anything that shows off her family and grand kids. She is compassionate and loving and she is always there when we need her to be - without question - at the drop of a hat! I know that I can count on her and I'm so grateful that she extends her love to us! She is a great MOM and I am so glad to be learning from her!




This mother, just became a mother to baby #6 on May 7! Danielle is also one of my BEST FRIENDS! I've known her for 10 years. We met by accident and we've been together ever since. Danielle is a laid back sort of mom, she takes everything as it comes and she doesn't stress about the little things. She loves my "bounce-off -the-wall" kids as if they were her own. She always has a smile, she always has a solution to a problem! I love her down to earth look on life and that she is willing to offer a hug or a place to crash to anyone that needs it. I know I can trust and rely on her, I know I'll always get a good laugh out of her. She's a great mom and I'm so glad that I know her!




These mothers are my sisters! (from left to right) Ash is my baby sister and a mother to 2 and one on the way. She has traveled a long road to get where she is and she is doing great! She loves her children, so does her best to teach them as her Father in Heaven would have her do. She likes to create activities for them and help them to learn and grow.

Jess is my sister-in-law - she must be a loving person to take on my brother! She has 3 daughters - she loves them and does everything she can for them. She teaches them new things, takes them places, and encourages them to be good people! She loves to cook Italian food and take pictures with her new camera!
(we'll skip me!)


Then there's AA - She has 2 kids by marriage and 2 of her own - so she's a mother to 4! I get a kick out of her witty way of handling her kids. She has a way of putting things into perspective for kids - a way of helping them understand what's going on. She has her struggles but she puts that aside for those she loves. She is encouraging and positive. She is funny. She is bubbly. She loves cross stitching and scrapbooking. She enjoys singing and chit chatting! She works to support her family and she spends her free time doing what she can to improve her home. She's a fantastic example to me!


And finally, this is MY MOM! My mom is a great lady who loves her kids and grand children with all of her heart. She is loving and generous and she always has a kind word or a bit of advice for you to ponder! My mom has done her best to provide each of us with examples of strength and perseverance. Despite spending a lot of time as a single parent, she has taken us on trips and shown us that we can do anything that we want! Allow me to share a favorite memory! When I lived in Spain my mother called and told me of an office party that she didn't want to attend. She told me that one of the door prizes was a round trip plane ticket to anywhere. I told her that she'd win that prize - she needed to go. The next thing I knew I was getting a letter that she was coming to Spain. She won the prize! I was thrilled - we had the best time tromping around the country and seeing new things together. An experience that I'll never forget!

So to all these moms - and many more - I love you! Thanks for being you and for touching my life! I hope you have a WONDERFUL MOTHER'S DAY!!

3 comments:

Jessica's Thoughts said...

Hey Aislinn, I thought your post was very sweet and touching. I love you and Happy Mother's Day!!!

Christy Woolston said...

AHWWW! You are very kind. I didn't expect to see a picture of me on this post. I got a little teary. You're the best. You're one of my favorite Mom's too. I KNOW you love your family...dearly. You are a great teacher to them and make sure to put the important things first. You always take those teaching moments that show up in the most unexpected ways. I admire you for so many reasons but mostly because you just have a way of putting a smile on my face. So fun and spontaneous...I LOVE it!

JSCrawford said...

AWWWW Shucks.(with redness in my cheeks). That's face cheeks not butt cheeks. ha ha