me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Friday, May 8, 2009

Here come the pictures!

WAHOO - it's FRIDAY! While Tim is outside mowing the lawn (a job that I typically enjoy doing) I will do something else that I enjoy - posting pictures of our week! Do ya wanna see what we did? Take a look.....

FRIDAY (May 1st): Five Guys Burgers & Fries is a burger chain but new to our little city. It's always busy - and rightfully so - it's so tasty! Tim and I have been a few times but we've never taken the kids. We decided to stop in for lunch - DELICIOUS! The kids loved that there were peanuts to eat and that they could have anything on their burger that they wanted. M wanted just cheese - so they made a grilled cheese sandwich for her! L fell asleep before we got there - so he didn't get to enjoy the yumminess - maybe next time!

SATURDAY: I love Craigslist! I found some wood chips and lava rocks for free so Tim went off to get em'. When he got back we began preparing the Garden boxes. L watched from the water barrels and I saw him spying a rolly poly - it was funny to see how curious he was about this tiny bug! The kids did a great job of filling their boxes. We planted most of the plants from seeds a few weeks ago - it's been fun to see them grown and then be transplanted to the boxes.

SUNDAY: It rained - a lot!! I noticed that one of the gutters was clogged - figuring that it was leaves I told Tim that we needed to get it cleaned out because it was flooding the patio since it wasn't draining properly. The culprit of the clog? This Whiffle ball! GEEZ!



MONDAY: Don't know what was up with my boys - but they were certainly silly today! N told me to just start calling him "Professor Noodle" and he wore my goggles around all day! Then L wouldn't stop putting his nose to the back door. He was licking it, sniffing it, etc.. Too funny!

TUESDAY: After Piano lessons, N was able to go to the "sticker store" and pick a few things for passing off a certain number of songs. One of the things he picked was this bug catcher. He caught a fly and a "mosquito hawk" and a few potato bugs. Then today he came in with a butterfly. L was just as curious about this beautiful insect as he was about us! N was so proud of himself. After he showed everyone he let the butterfly go.
WEDNESDAY: Soccer is almost done for the season - just a few more games and that will be it! Today the boys got their medals and N was so excited! However, he did ask me if we could get some yellow paint so that he could paint his medal "gold" - he said "I'd rather have a gold medal and not a clear one". It made me laugh!
THURSDAY: WHEW - what a day! N had a t-ball game and K had a soccer game and as you know I can't be two places at once - so Tim went one way and I went the other. Tim stopped by AA's house and borrowed her new camera for K's game! He got some great shots! K played well - really aggressive and doing what she could to help her team. It's been a joy to watch her play. Tonight she had several shots on goal but was unsuccessful in her attempts. Tim captured one of these moments - K took the shot but she didn't kick the ball hard enough and although it appears to be going in the net, the goalie got to it before it crossed the line. SHOOT! So close - but her confidence grows with each game and we love being her cheerleaders! After we got home, M asked me if I could look at her "2 wiggly teef" - I told her that there was one that I could get out tonight and the other maybe in a few days. She told me to pull it - so I did. Now she has one less "wiggly toof" and she was thrilled when the "Toof Fairy" made an appearance with $5.00 just for her!
FRIDAY (morning): This is what K looked like when she got up this morning. (Honestly it was actually worse when she got home from her game last night). I'm pretty sure she has an allergy to something - just not sure what. Poor thing - she feels fine -just looks unhappy!
So there it is - our week - it was fun! There is lots more fun to come - you have no idea! School is nearing and end, our garden is growing, the sun is shining - what more could you ask for?!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

msaonika said...

OOOH... Poor Kahlyn!!!
I hope that she feels better... and Tell Professor Noodle that I LOVE the soccer pictures of him...

Just love the weekly review...
HUGS
A

Christy Woolston said...

YAY! Love Friday Posts.

Carter Clan said...

LOL Love the picture of Kahlyn.. and M finally lost her first tooth that is awesome! The picture of Tim cleaning the gutters looks like one of the 72 hour ponchos.