WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR JOBS AT HOME?
HA HA - either the jar wants a long, drawn out answer or something just hilarious! I am starting to think that the journal jar doesn't know much about me - like the fact that I have 4 kids that I take care of! Anyway - I've heard of families that say "this is your job" or "that's a mans job" and I don't go for that. I think that if there is a job to be done - anyone that's capable of doing it should pitch in and help. It's not 'I do all the cleaning and Tim does all the yard work' - no way! In this house everyone is expected to lift a finger where they can - there are no pink jobs and blue jobs - that line is non existent here!
However, there are lots of things that I GET to do on a regular basis because I am the one whose here when these things need to be done!
* I'm a chauffeur. I maintain a running vehicle to drive 4 little humans to and from their
various activities, school, friends homes, etc..
various activities, school, friends homes, etc.. * I'm a chef! I didn't attend culinary school (although that's always been a dream of mine) but I consider myself a pretty tasty cook! I read cookbooks and try out new recipes on my guinea pigs (ugh, I mean, Family!) and they are great test subjects too!
* I'm a maid - I don't get paid for my services therefore my services are usually provided as a start to get the rug rat to finish the job on his or her own! I follow through on some of the bigger things that need to be done with kids aren't present - like mopping, washing walls, etc...
* I am a tailor - when things need fixin' I'm the first one they call!
* I am a map - I tell people where they can find things, how to get there, how long it will take, etc..
* I am a bank too - I lend money when needed, I save money when I can, I counsel the little ones about money, etc... (it's a hard job but someone has gotta do it!)
I could go on and on because there are lots of jobs that I do - but many times I don't do them alone. There is only one thing that I do alone - the only thing that I can do that no one else in this house can. It's the most important job that I have and the one that brings me the most heart ache, the most joy, the most frustration, the most success - that job is being a Mother to these 4 little guys and a wife to my sweet hubby. That job I reserve for myself! That job I take seriously. That job is the most rewarding!

3 comments:
I saw the question the journal jar produced for you today and thought...perhaps, just perhaps, it would be easier to list the jobs you don't do as a presently employed Mother. We do it all, just about.
I love the picture at the bottom of the post. It is so sweet.
You are a great chef, maid, tailor, map, bank, mother, and wife. Love the picture of the fam.
Post a Comment