We returned home from our Mississippi/Louisiana trip on Monday night. The first leg of our return flight only had 16 people on it. (The plane holds 50) So each child got their own window seat - they were in heaven!`We made it home shortly before midnight and it was nice to be in our own beds again!
TUESDAY: After much thought I've decided that some of the main problems with upcoming generations is that they don't know how to solve problems, interact appropriately with adults, and there is a serious lack of respect for property and each other! Contributing factors to this? TV, computers and sometimes outside friends. The more I pondered on the behavior of my own children the more I realized that there was a simpler time - a time when all you had was your sibling (if you even had one) to play with. You couldn't run away from your problems by turning on the TV or playing a game on the computer - you had to face em' head on. So - on Tuesday we had a discussion and decided that for the next week that there would be no outside friends, no TV, and no computer use for the kids. For mom and dad - TV comes after the kids are in bed and mom gets limited time on the computer to keep up the finances, blog, etc.. So far it's gone well - it's been a real eye opener and I think that we are all learning something new about ourselves and each other.
THURSDAY: N had piano lessons and we did a little cleaning.
FRIDAY: Time to make a wal-mart run! Buddy Ray's funeral was today too, so we're drawing a few pictures to send down south via AA, who leaves tomorrow to head that way.
Next week I plan to get my camera out some more and pick up where we left off. You never know what the summer days will bring - it's always an adventure with us!
1 comment:
Love your family plan. It certainly makes a difference, I think it takes longer than a week to detox the natural tendancies. I have cut out computer time, limited television, and cut out friend time altogether. In many ways it has been heavenly. In other ways it has been hell. :) I think I'll continue these limitations for a bit longer and see what happens. Good Luck!
Post a Comment