this weekend we moved here. We came without a job. We simply knew that this is where we needed to be and we came. Everyone thought we were crazy. No one knew how we'd survive. We didn't know how we would survive!! But we knew it was the right thing - we had peace in our hearts about the decision - and we just did it!
Just a week before we came, we found a place to live. The landlord, who required an application, called and said that he was so impressed with me that he didn't need an application and if we wanted the place that we could have it - he turned everyone else away.
So, sight unseen, we moved to Bountiful - 3 yrs. ago (yesterday).
Since living here we've made some amazing friends and met some equally amazing people. We've had experiences that we wouldn't get anywhere else. Our kids are also learning and growing in an environment that promotes family unity, service, and knowledge. They have friends with great values and standards and a way of life that is unique to this area.
In this past 3 years we have moved once - from a duplex to a house. Tim has changed jobs 3 times. K has attended 2 different schools. N and M both started school, and L was born. Since moving here we've attended General Conference, concerts in the tabernacle, various sporting events, gone camping in lots of places, explored mountains that we've never explored and renewed family relationships.
It's gone by so fast and it's been so wonderful! I wouldn't change that decision for the world. Moving provided us with the stepping stones we needed to grow as a family. It provided K with the opportunities that she needed to learn who she is and how she learns. It has helped us learn about M and her unique learning style and situation. The decision to take a leap of faith and come with nothing has left us better than it found us.
So here's looking to another fun filled year UTAH!! May it be just as great as the past 3 have been!
2 comments:
I know what it's like to go with nothing not knowing how it would all turn out just that it was the RIGHT thing to do. It does turn out...it's always for our best. I'm glad you came to Utah and I hope you get to stay for many more years. That's my prayer. You're awesome!
Well I for one am so glad that you moved here.Your family is so cute!
I always say that what ever happens, happens for a reason. You needed to come here.
I am glad you did.
Post a Comment