me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Julieanne, Blake and George

It was so good that I had to share a few pics with ya (don't worry though, I still have others that I'm saving for the Friday post!)
Anyway, several months ago I bought 2 "mega" tickets to the USANA summer concert package! These tickets are good for 3 concerts - George Strait, Toby Keith and Brad Paisley. Friday night was the first of the concert series - George Strait with Julieanne Hough and Blake Shelton. We've never been to USANA so we got there a little early to scope out a good seat on the lawn - and I think we got a great seat!

Here is our view from our seats. We were on the lawn but our piece of grass was as close as we could get! We had a great view though - no one in front of us, really, and no room for anyone to walk in front of us either! AH - it was great!

Julieanne Hough took the stage right at 7:30 as promised and she did a great job! She sang some familiar tunes and some new ones that will be on her new CD. She's from SLC so the crowed really gave her a great welcome!
After Julieanne came Blake Shelton. He's been around for a while so I knew all but one of the songs that he sang. The one I didn't know hasn't been released yet but it was called "I was green before it was cool to be green" - SO FUNNY - be listening for that one to come out soon!
At one point the sound at the front of the theater went out and Blake had to hold up his portion of the concert. While waiting he said "let's sing a song that we can all sing together" He sat down with his guitar and started playing the "Free Credit Report.com" song - it was hilarious and we all laughed! (but everyone sang along too!) He did a great job - he was energetic and funny - good times!
The amphitheater started filling up!
very little grass left to plop your bum!
And at 9:15 - the KING OF COUNTRY - Mr. George Strait! He looked good!
He sang some oldies - Amarillo by Morning and Ocean Front Property.... and he sang some new songs too, like I Saw God Today and River of Love.
His band - ACE IN THE HOLE - was spot on! They did great and all but one of them is from TEXAS! So cool! I wonder how many of them have been with him since he started 30 years ago!
He finished at 11pm - his encore was 3 songs long - including Fulsom Prison Blues and The Cowboy Rides away.
Ah - it was AWESOME and I'm so glad that I decided to go instead of selling my ticket - I wouldn't trade it for the world!!

1 comment:

msaonika said...

I say that I think that I should get to go to the next concert... hasn't Tim already seen Toby Keith?!?! :) What fun...