I have a few pet peeves but one HUGE one - the one that truly drives me up a wall, makes me roll my eyes, cringe like there's no tomorrow and want to drive me to drink is this...when people say "WE won" or "WE need a better defense" or "OUR problem is that WE aren't communicating", etc.... while watching a sport of some kind!
ANY TIME that one inserts himself into the game that is being watched I'm seriously annoyed!
I was surrounded with this misdemeanor at the Real Salt Lake soccer game last night! The gal behind me kept saying "you see, OUR problem is that WE aren't passing the ball properly" - SERIOUSLY - are you playing lady? Then the guys in front of us would throw in something like "WE are playing like crap" - really, WE are? Since when are WE playing - the last time I check, WE were just watching!
Here's the problem - are YOU playing the game? Are YOU part of the team? Are YOU the coach? Are YOU being paid to be there?!
NOPE - you are a spectator therefore it's not YOU that has a problem with communication, scoring, or being screwed by the ref - it's THE TEAM! (whoever the team is)
So - the next time you're at a game, remember - it's THEM who are playing - not YOU. It's THEY who have won - not WE!
GEEZ - get it right already! THANKS!
3 comments:
hahaha! I wonder how long you have been bottling that up inside ;)
Feel better darling? HAHAHA...
I love the picture! Hope you feel better now!
Post a Comment