me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Friday, August 21, 2009

last week of "summer" pics!

Wow - can you believe that at this time next week that my pics will include things like "The first day of school", and "opening game of soccer season"? YEAH - boy or boy did the summer go by quickly! You would think that for this last week that we would have really rocked it out - done something amazing to send off the summer months before they melt into school days, but NO - we are just the same ole, same ole boring people who hung out around here and didn't do anything spectacular. Yet somehow that is spectacular - you see - we spent a lot of time together and in a matter of days that time will become a precious commodity as we all start going our different directions once again. So on to the pics...

On Friday (Aug. 14), Tim and his mom spent the day together roaming the valley - going wherever their hearts desired! I stayed home with the 3 oldest children to get some household chores done. When Tim returned he brought me 6 of these! (mint brownies from the BYU creamery). YUM - I love these things! (I'm not ashamed to say that I ate 5 of them - yup 5!)

Sunday: Grandma broke out her camera to get some pics of us before church and after church Tim grilled some raspberry pork chops for us! N played in the yard and L played "peek-a-boo" with anyone that would pay attention!

Monday was a busy day. We hit L&L Hawaiian BBQ for lunch - Grandma and Tim think this is pretty authentic to the real stuff you can get in Hawaii so they really like to go! Then for FHE we decided to take a trip to the Bountiful Temple to talk about temple dedications. After the temple we hit a local park and enjoyed some rice crispy treats that M made for us! (oh, and do you see the shoes? When we got to the temple there was a bride taking some pics - she left - and she left her shoes! oops!)

TUESDAY: It was time to say good-bye to Grandma Martha! M really wanted to go with Grandma - she kept begging and begging - it was funny! Then good-bye all around, a quick family pic, and off she went - back to her home in the south!
Wednesday: I filled out this application today, got finger printed, paid for a background check and WAH-LA - I can now work this year if I choose to! We'll see ;)

Thursday: K had soccer practice. They have practice at a local school so the kids enjoy going and spending an hour on the playground! It was a beautiful day for it too!
Friday (3:23 am): This guy decided that he wanted to play "mighty hero" and go bow hunting today. (ok, he has been wanting to, but a quick phone call from a friend really sealed the deal and in no time he was chompin' at the bit!). I couldn't sleep so before he crept out the door I made him stop for a quick picture. I was hoping that the clock would show up better to show you that this man means business - why else would you get dressed up like a Red Neck at 3:30 am to drive for 1.2 hrs to hike 10 miles into a mountain area just to find an Elk that could fill your freezer for the next 18 months?
Well folks, that's all for now! Have a great week!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Martha said...

Great pictures. I miss you guys.

Christy Woolston said...

Tell Tim that I want some of those mint brownies the next time he happens by the BYU creamery :). What Love!
Sounds like you had a good, busy, week. Did Time shoot anything on the mountain?
And Soccer started...YAY! Go team Barnes!

Christy Woolston said...

Oh, and next time Mrs. Martha is in town, tell her she can stop by whenever she wants and I'll teach her how to make the pendants. It was good to see her smiling face.

The Circus said...

I want those shoes!!!!

Glenna said...

Do you have to wash Tim's hunting clothes in that special soap so the animals can't smell him coming?