Friday (Sept. 4): Since my cousin Keri was in town we just had to take her to see our local source of entertainment - the DI! We were not disappointed either - we were able to witness to grown men fighting over a pot! Then we went to the University of Utah to see where they Olympic flame was housed while the Olympics were here and M and N enjoyed playing in the fountain! It was great!
SATURDAY: Keri and I stole some time away for ourselves and we went to Gilgal Gardens - a lovely little rock garden that Brother Child created to put a tangible feeling to the things that were in his heart - it was AWESOME! We also went to "This is the place", saw "Joseph Smith - the Prophet of the Restoration" movie on Temple square, and took a tour of Brigham Young's home. It was a wonderful day! When we got home it was time to load up on munchie foods and enjoy LSU's opening game against Washington - of course LSU won!
SUNDAY: Today is a special day - it was L's b-day!! We decided on cupcakes - just easier I suppose! Kennedy and Darrell were on hand to assist us in singing too! L had fun too - he got a ball, a "see and say" and 2 cards from grandparents! What more could a 2 yr old want? Keri, AA, and I got to sit and visit - it was great!
MONDAY: Labor day - it was time to take Keri back to the airport and wouldn't you know I left my camera at home. We'll miss her - we loved having her here to visit and share our craziness with us!
TUESDAY: L figured that we needed to be safe while riding the couch!!
THURSDAY: I had to go to the store and Tim was supposed to go to the dump to empty his truck! I got home and found the kids crowded around a laundry basket on the floor - there was a kitten - a TINY kitten in it. They rushed to tell me that "daddy rescued it"! (Tim found it tangled in some vines that hang on our fence). Both K and N had soccer so we did that and of course M had fun with the camera! K's team won 5-1 and N's team won - I was told "it was a slaughter and we lost count of the score mom!" - so there you have it!
After soccer, K had a meeting for beginning orchestra! Starting Monday she'll have another activity to add to her plate!
On Friday - AA and I went to the scrapbook expo - so I'll have those pics up next week! It was a blast!!
On Friday - AA and I went to the scrapbook expo - so I'll have those pics up next week! It was a blast!!
Anyway - that's our fun for now - hope that wherever you are that you're having fun too!





1 comment:
I'm not sure what I was doing in that first pic. I have that deer in the headlights look. I enjoyed the time with you, Tim and the kids. It was great! Sorry to hear about all the stings the kids received. I'm glad none of them were allergic. That is a lot of stings for one person, esp little ones. Hugs, and kisses to the kids for me.
Post a Comment