me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Cruise pics are the best!

Are you ready for a few more pics?! I am!!!
On Tuesday we were in Cabo San Lucas - as you know! When it was time for the ship to sail and head back towards San Diego, Tim and I grabbed a window seat and watched as we left. We saw the beach where the movie TROY was filmed. The castle is there too - so cool! As we were sitting and watching the land slowly fade from our view, a scavenger hunt was getting underway. Tim and I knew about the scavenger hunt but we chose not to participate this time. So we continued to watch out the window. Then, out of nowhere, this guy comes up and says "Dude, I have a huge favor to ask - we need an orange shirt" HA!! Tim was wearing his that day and agreed to trade shirts with the guy for a bit! It was funny. While we were sailing away we saw a shark breech the water - his whole body came out as he jumped for a fish or something. He wasn't very big - maybe 5-8 feet but it was still a sight to see and probably something I'll never see again. We also saw Santa Clause on the ship. We saw him lose in the Casino so don't expect much for Christmas this year! We also listened to Clifford - on the sax (and piano) - he did great!
One night, for dessert, we discovered a new menu item- a pear soaked in Brandy Wine. Tim ordered it and it was delicious! Our waiter, Adrian, kept us entertained and called us by name each night. He danced and was so sexy that the ladies at a table across from us started pulling out dollar bills! (I wish I had a dollar!) We got a monkey in our room too - isn't he cute?! After dinner we saw this woman that was practically falling out of her dress. How those puppies stayed put I have no idea and she drew a crowd too! She didn't know that everyone that was lining up in the atrium was looking at her - but they were! I think that people were just appalled that she was wearing what she was - unbelievable! Later we went to Karaoke and found our favorite mullet! I thought those things were out of style!
Wednesday brought another day at sea and more time to participate in a variety of activities or to just relax! Tim and I decided to play a sports trivia game. Tim won - of course - answering 17 out of 20 questions correctly. I had 14 correct and next to me was someone with 12 correct. We also took a moment to listen to the Captain speak - he's been with Carnival since the started!! We saw "Funship Freddy" too! There was a chocolate buffet in the afternoon (we didn't eat any of it though - SHAME - I KNOW!) and we spent some time watching the waves slam against the side of the ship! While having lunch on the deck we saw some dolphins and flying fish - how cool is that?!Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Glenna said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip! Our friends go to Cabo twice a year. They have a time-share because they love it so much.

Christy Woolston said...

The shirt swap was funny but even more so because of what the swap guy's shirt said.