AFTER
Tomorrow is the deadline for the 2009 Reflections contest. M (and N and K) all have decided that they want to enter this year. The theme is "Beauty is...". M decided at first that beauty - to her - was a princess in a castle. So we saved TP rolls for weeks in an effort to build a castle. Then she decided that she'd rather paint a castle. UGH - so we got some paper and paint and she went to town! While painting the castle she decided that a rainbow would be better - so another piece of paper came out and M's version of a rainbow was created. (In all honesty - the rainbow looked like a bunch of colorful 7's on the paper - nothing like a rainbow at all - but it was M's imagination so whatever - at least she was participating - right?) Then yesterday, M saw K's photography entry and decided that she also wanted to do photography. Here we go again! She grabbed my camera and went out and took pics of dead plants, veggies, leaves, etc... I looked through the pics - most of them were blurry or too far away. So I told Tim that M had changed her mind - AGAIN - and was now interested in photography. I asked him to help her find something she could photograph. She came in with about a half a dozen pics of this rose. I uploaded it to the computer and turned her loose on my PICASA program. About 10 minutes later she says - "I'm done" and the above picture is what she had. So - this will be her official entry into the contest. I was rather impressed - maybe her medium of creativity is on the computer!! What do you think?


2 comments:
I like it! Tell her I think it is beautiful!
WoW - that's a lovely picture. You know, you can go to Artscow and get a free 8X10 of it... Perhaps you should do that and put it on her wall in their room. :) I Love it!
Post a Comment