me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekly pics!

Before you start about how these are late and you've been checking my blog every 10 minutes since Friday, let me tell you - it's been a crazy week and I just haven't been myself for the past few days. HOWEVER - I know how much I LOVE to see these pics - and I hope you do too - and that's why I'm posting them now! We'll go back to last Saturday...shall we?


SATURDAY (10-17): Reflections is coming up and all the kids (school aged kids) decided that they wanted to enter. K wanted to do photography again so she started taking some pics with my camera and N and M wanted to paint a picture for "Visual Arts". N was painting a mountain in a thunderstorm and M was painting a castle - and later a rainbow.


SUNDAY: L was ornery after church - heck - we all were! So, after lunch I went to lay down and the kids were sitting quietly on the couch. L went to his room and closed the door. Well, he couldn't get the door open so he started pitching a fit and throwing things. YEAH - I don't know what he threw but this is what I did hear...K says: "Dad, L just threw something in his room and I think you better come see." So Tim sighs and this is what he found. Yup - the mirror is broken! Guess our "bad luck streak" will continue on for longer than we anticipated! THANKS L!

MONDAY: Before school, K was playing with a pie pumpkin and did this! HA HA - great way to bring a smile to our faces before the week really gets going!

TUESDAY NIGHT: Something easy for dinner - Halloween Mac & Cheese! YUM! (Ok - that's not all we had - but the shapes were so cute I had to take a picture)
WEDNESDAY: The kids came home with "vampire teeth" and L was all over that! So cute! Then M changed her mind AGAIN on the reflections contest and decided to take some pictures in our back yard. This is what she took! The weather was rather grumbly too - it made all of us want to just snuggle up with some hot chocolate and a blanket and do NOTHING!
Thursday: For RED RIBBON WEEK the kids do different things to show that they will be drug free. Thursday was "use your head - don't do drugs". So the kids participated by getting a little crazy with their hair! Even L got in on the action. N wanted a blue and black Mohawk, M just wanted blue hair, K got her pig tails going and streaked them blue and L got a little blue and black in his hair!
THURSDAY (continues): Today was also my birthday. My mom was in town and she took AA and I to lunch at a place called Lamb's. It is one of the oldest restaurants in SLC and has been ranked among the top in SLC for a long time. So we decided to try it out and it was well worth it! My mom also brought me some flowers. The bunch was so big that I had to divide it among 2 vases - WOW! N played his last soccer game of the fall season too. He did well and he's sad that it's over for now. L decided that it was better to climb the fence than to watch the game - silly boy!
So that was it for the week. I have pics for next week already and wait until you see what my friend Christy brought me! WOW!! For this coming week we have a few Dr. appointments to take care of and of course we need to get ready for Halloween - the kids won't let us forget that one! So until next time... have a great one!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Martha said...

I know you are very busy, but thank you so much for posting the pictures every week. It keeps me from missing ya'll so much. Niels and I feel like we still get to see the kids grow up and the cute things they do. Can't wait to see Halloween pictures. Wish we could be there.

Becky said...

I love lambs!
I should have sent you a copy of the pic I took of M in the oven mitts. Its hillarious!!!
Have a great week!

The Circus said...

I'll have to try Lamb's, I've never heard of it.