me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Not meant to be


God must not want me to eat rolls! 2 days ago I attempted crescent rolls. How hard could it be? The recipe was simple enough - and I consider myself a decent chef so what the heck - right?! HA - yeah right! The dough NEVER ROSE! NOPE - not even a little. So I decided that I would turn the crescent roll dough into small rolls and then maybe they'd rise a little in the cooking process. WRONG AGAIN! I ended up with small cooked balls of dough. They tasted good -but they were dense and not suitable for dinner purposes. (guess the birds will be loving me over the next few days).
Tonight I was attempting another new recipe - something I do frequently because I like to expand the family's repertoire of yumminess! Since I figured the main meal was enough to tackle in one sitting, I opted for Rhodes rolls - you know, the ones that you let rise and then cook yourself?! Simple - right? WRONG AGAIN! (yeah- twice in a week!) I did exactly as the package said and I saw them rising to tasty goodness - I could practically taste them and they still had 2 hours to go. Then when the time was up - I went to the oven to find that my rolls had fallen and were as flat as pancakes! UGH! So - no rolls with dinner again. I think that God must not want me to have rolls with dinner - or maybe he is trying to make me learn something new! Regardless- I really wanted a roll.

4 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

Oops! Rhodes rolls are pretty tasty too. Not as good as home made but good. Sorry to hear about your roll problem.

msaonika said...

We had rolls with dinner. They were just fine. :P Want me to make some for you?? :) TEE HEE... good luck next time around.

Becky said...

Dang!!!!

I have found with Rhodes that you bake them when they want to be baked, not when the package tells to you to. They always rise too fast or not at all for me.

Tiffany said...

I had every intention of bringing you rolls today...but it didn't happen. Soon though, very soon ;)