me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Did you have a nice Halloween?


Well - Halloween is over for 2009 - did you have a good time?
We put some cobwebs up on the front porch and some spiders and some lights - ooo, spooky! The kids were so excited to go.
We had to change the breaks on both vehicles (oh joy) and by the time Tim got done it was nearly 3 in the afternoon. So I took the 3 older kids and went downtown for them to T-o-T at the businesses down there. There was a man with a "haunted trailer". We all went in - K went through by herself because she wanted to show how brave she was. Then M, N and I went in together. There were a few spooky guys inside that jumped out at us. N jumped out of the trailer so fast that he didn't even see the bowl of candy by the door! M was so scared that she started crying but she didn't miss that bowl of candy! When we met up with K again I asked if she was scared and she said "no way" - then I asked what piece of candy she picked and she said "I didn't get any candy!" (ha - she was scared!)
Finally the sun went down enough for the kids to go out. They started in the circle and it didn't take long for L to get the right idea. K, and 4 other girls all wanted to go together so they started by sticking with Tim. Then when L got tired I picked the gang up - dropped Tim and L off at the house and took the girls and M and N up to the "rich houses" (up the mountain!). The girls wanted to go there anyway but there was no way I was allowing that without adult supervision - NO WAY! So I offered to be the adult (it was my Halloween costume) and I took the girls up the hill.
All in all everyone had a good time and they all got GOOD CANDY too (like chocolate and yummy stuff).
Today L has been running around with his costume and saying "I ready go twik o tweeting". Poor guy - he'll have to wait a whole year for that cute saying to work again!
Hope you all had a great holiday -now it's time to focus on gratitude and (according to M) "a giant feast with pie!!"

2 comments:

msaonika said...

What a clever costume idea... To be an "Adult" - I LIKE IT! I so should try that one out next year... Glad to see they all had fun

Christy Woolston said...

Thanks again for being the designated "MOM". I would NOT have let them go up the hill alone either. It's one thing in the neighborhood, like the main streets in our ward boundaries but a whole different story traipsing around all over. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!