Saturday (continued): K lost ANOTHER tooth - that makes 4 in about 5 weeks time. The tooth fairy is going broke on this child! Then I dropped the older kids off at the primary activity and I took L to get his hair cut! The primary was doing hearts to "heart attack" the doors of a few of the members - they had fun cutting the hearts and writing special notes on them. L was a champ while getting his hair cut. He sat so still and waited patiently for the sucker that he'd get when it was all done. He looks much better (and older too).
There are just so many things that I want to show you that I HAD to lump them together. So here you get SUNDAY and MONDAY! On Sunday we woke up to homemade Cinnamon rolls. I like to do this from time to time - they are so tasty too! Church was nice - the sun was shining - great day. Then by 5pm a storm rolled in and by 9pm we had 5" of snow!! The picture on the far right is what it looked like without any light. The reflection from the snow lights up everything!
On Monday K - and the rest of the 6th graders - had DARE graduation. YAY!! I didn't get to go because I was subbing for M's 2nd grade class - but Tim went so I got a few pics!
TUESDAY - no clue!! I subbed and we cleaned - but no pics!
WEDNESDAY - we headed to Grand Junction, Colorado! As you can see - the ride was thrilling! The kids had a good nap!
THURSDAY - THANKSGIVING with Grandma Sandy and Grandpa Dennis. Dennis' parents came too - Pete and Beth! In the morning the kids fed the ducks. By the time they got back it was about time to eat. L just couldn't help it - he had to dig into the fruit salad before the table was ready! Everyone had a nice lunch and I'm proud to say that I didn't overeat!!
Thursday NIGHT and FRIDAY: Did you see the Space Shuttle and the Space Station pass overhead? We saw them 2 nights in a row and it was AWESOME! Tim took this picture (the black one) - if you look really close you can see 2 lights. The first one - the dim one - is the Shuttle and the 2nd light - the bright light - is the Space Station. The shuttle detached from the Space Station and was orbiting the earth in preparation to land on Friday. The two happened to be close enough that you could not only see them pass - but they would appear to be together. It was so AWESOME! Then Friday afternoon, Grandma Sandy took the girls to SMASHBURGER - it was tasty. I have never been - but it was a lot like 5 guys!
Friday afternoon Tim decided to give a shooting lesson to the kids. M opted to play with Grandma so she didn't go. We drove down to the farm and Tim educated us on how a gun works - what makes the bullet fire - safety around guns - proper handling - etc... We protected our ears - set up some bottles and took turns!
It was fun to watch N and K. N hit one of the bottles on his own and K...well, she was scared most of the time and needed reassurance that she was fine.
I had fun shooting - I hardly get to because kids need a parent at home. I think that Tim had fun sharing his knowledge as well!
Anyway - we came home from GJ on SATURDAY afternoon - and now it's time to start another week! 3 weeks til' Christmas break - can you believe that? WOW!!
have a good one ya'll!





No comments:
Post a Comment