me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Friday, December 18, 2009

pictures - hooray!

YAY for pictures! I didn't get as many this week as I would have liked - we've been busy trying to get things ready for Christmas visitors and such! Cleaning, wrapping, cooking - that all takes priority ya know!

SUNDAY (December 14): Prelude to Christmas Concert. This is my 4th year to participate in the stake Christmas choir. I had so much fun. There were about 70 people this year! I sing soprano and some of those notes - WOW. Hence the cross-eyed face! (ok, ok, I make that face for a lot of pics but this time it really represents something!) My friend Heidi (standing right next to me) joined this year for the first time. So did Christy (but she sat in the Alto section and I didn't get a pic of her). I had fun sharing this time with these wonderful ladies and I hope they join me again next year!

Monday: Today I decided that it was time to get some goodies out to the neighbors. I learned a little about melting chocolate at an Enrichment meeting a litle while back - so I thought "let's give it a try!" and I did! I dipped peppermint sticks and spoons. Cinnamon bears and toffee. I also drizzled some caramel popcorn with the gooey goodness! YUM! M stayed home from school today and L just loved having her there to play with! She wasn't sick - she was just having a rough morning and she needed some time to process things - so I let her stay home!

TUESDAY: Tim decided to start playing soccer with some other old fogies - this is the result of the first game. I heard about it all week! It's not like he's 20 anymore! But hey - at least he's having fun - doing something he enjoys - and getting out!

WEDNESDAY: Tim was in court all day - filling in for another attorney - so I took this opportunity to get busy wrapping!! I wrapped all day! I had stuff everywhere! I'm not even done! But it was good fun and L wasn't sure what was going on - but he liked the scrap paper to play with!

THURSDAY: Tim and I went shopping - N had scouts - that was it!

So, today is FRIDAY. In one week it will be Christmas Day. This year has gone by rather quickly. Today I will be finishing up a little Christmas shopping and trying to wrap some more gifts. (I love it when I get to shop with other people's money!) I will be trying to clean up and get ready for Martha and Niels to come. They are leaving their home tomorrow and hopefully they'll arrive here on Sunday evening. So - let the fun continue! I love this time of year - the generosity and spirit of kindness that fills the air - the sense of family and the desire to spend time with each other - it's just beautiful! Have a great weekend ya'll - and remember to keep things simple!
Posted by Picasa