me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Friday, January 29, 2010

ALMOST THERE!

Let me just say that this week has been ...well....a nightmare! Cramming kids school work, science fair project, pinewood derby, and getting my house in order for a visit from grandma (and the list goes on) has put me on brain overload! It wouldn't have been so bad had some of this been done - uh...let's say WEEKS ago when the kids knew that TODAY was the deadline for some of this!! NAW - that's too much to ask - so let's put mom through the ringer and see what happens! I'll tell ya what happens - and it's not pretty!
No worries though - the end is in sight - and it will come whether I'm ready or not! We were able to complete K's science fair poster around 8pm last night - but in exchange for this little success I had to miss a friend's birthday dinner - BUMMER!
N finished painting his portion of his pinewood derby car around 8pm as well... but Tim stayed up til it dried so that he could get some other things done that N wanted. They take this pinewood derby stuff seriously - I say "it's a car - just roll it"!
The basement is still a disaster - and that's where grandma stays (oh - that sounded bad, but the guest room is down there)! So the kids will be getting that done as soon as walk in from school!
At some point today I will go to the school to see how K did on her project. I will get my floors moped. I will get my laundry done and put away. And I'll smile the whole time - because that's what I do! (now - go and pray for me!)

3 comments:

Becky said...

Go, Go!!!!!
You can do it!!!

Christy Woolston said...

PHEW! Sounds like a familiar story. Sorry it all came crashing down on the same day. At least you survived. I may stop in just to see if that smile is there. I don't smile when I have to mop floors and do laundry...I cry. :)

elkaholic said...

Just roll it?!?!?!?! Spoken like a girl.....you just don't understand.

LOVE YA!!!!!!!