me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lost in Translation....


Being a mom means that you wear all kinds of hats. You get to be a chef, a referee, a chauffeur, a teacher, a maid, and more! Having a toddler means that you also get to be a translator! (see, I speak 3 languages - English, Spanish, and toddler!)
Anyway, this morning, while L was trying to explain something to me - I started to think of all the things I translate in a day and I wanted to write them down before this moment is soon gone and he is speaking like a grown up person!
* Duh Bunny = Chocolate Milk (because there is a bunny on the Nesquick box)
* nak bah = snack box (it took me FOREVER to figure this one out!)
* ahs n ooooos = socks and shoes (can you tell we are having a time with the S's?)
* dinah-ho = dinosaur (thank goodness he was holding one when he said this or I'd wonder what he was watching on TV!)
* fok = FORK (classic - I think all kids do this one!)
* dahk cub = dark club - said when hiding under the covers (guess you have to be part of the club to get in!)
* Waky ho = Whack-a-Mole game (M did this one too!)
* Howy my mowy - Holy Moly (finally starting to phase out the "hooy cwap")
There are a ton more - I'm sure - these are just the ones I'm thinking of right now! This kid makes me laugh daily - he's such a goof ball! Good thing I have these "mommy translation" skills or we might all be in trouble!

4 comments:

Anna said...

That's awesome. I love trying to decipher...

msaonika said...

These are so great... You need pictures of him and make a scrapbook page of "the things I say"
hahaha

Christy Woolston said...

That will be fun to look back on years from now. Way to document girl!

Martha said...

L is so cute. I wish I had written down things the boys said when they were little.