me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

another opportunity for K

The many opportunities that K has had in her short existence simply amaze me. She has traveled to places that many children have never been to. She has done things that some only dream of. She has a naturally magnetic personality and people are simply drawn to her - because of this she is often considered for opportunities that arise. I don't think that she realizes how fortunate or blessed she is in this. Today K was presented with another opportunity.
K's favorite books are currently the Leven Thumps books. She has 4 of the 5 in her personal collection and the day that #5 was released - she was at the library checking it out. She devoured it. Now she is salivating - waiting for number 6 - which probably isn't even in the works yet - who knows! Anyway - the school announced a few days ago that Mr. Obert Skye would be coming to do an assembly and book signing. You can imagine K's excitement. But it gets better. Today - the librarian found K and asked her if she'd like to introduce him. She asked because K has read all of his books and talks about this author a lot! So - she gave K a Leven Thumps shirt that she'll get to keep - but needs to wear on the day of the assembly and now it's up to K to come up with an introduction for someone she considers brilliant!
That girl - big things are in store for her - I know - and I hope that she genuinely appreciates the opportunities that are right before her. For now - I will sit back and smile and watch as she grows into a beautiful young lady with more life experience than one can imagine! (and I'll take pictures while it's happening!)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is SO awesome!!!!!!! It's fun to sit back and watch these kids unfold, isn't it :)

Stephy Sue said...

How fun for her! What a lucky girl! I'll have to look into those books!