me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

my laptop

is my friend! I love my laptop! I have it on all day long. I upload pictures to it. My fingers feel comfortable at the keys. I know the quirks it has and I don't mind them at all. Today I opened up my laptop to see if anything exciting had happened over night. It was 8:25am. The kids were playing instead of getting ready for school. I grumbled - closed the laptop and placed it - firmly - on the coffee table. The characters in this house knew that I meant business and they quickly commenced to getting dressed and moving about their morning chores.
After we got the kids off to school - I plopped down on the couch - picked up my friend and clicked on my e-mail (you know - someone might have sent me a note in the 15 minutes that I was gone!). I waited patiently as yahoo opened my account. It kept loading, and loading, and loading.... I tried to close the page and start over but the computer didn't respond. So I tried the old "ctrl - alt - delete" method and NOTHING! I turned my computer off. I booted it up and it came to the screen that says "has been improperly shut down - restarting in safe mode" - I clicked the OK and waited. Waited some more. Kept waiting. UGH - NOTHING - just a silly black screen. Now I'm irritated.
I try rebooting AGAIN - NOTHING.
Tim looked at it - NOTHING.
So here I sit - on the desktop that the kids use - starring at my connection to the world and feeling lost! I am ready to have a pity party. Wanna join in?

4 comments:

Stefani said...

eeekkkk... i feel for you... i LOVE my laptop

Christy Woolston said...

AWWW! Poor thing! I sit at the desktop daily. No luxury of a laptop for me. Hope you recover it soon. I know how you love your laptop. :)

Heidi Sue said...

YES! I loved my laptop as well, and when it got a bad virus on it that wiped it out I was sad. It took me months to get to like the desk top.

Jen said...

Eric laughs when I keep checking my email and Facebook over and over again. He's says I'm just checking to see if the world is going to end, and I got an email to notify me.