When it's time to say goodbye to some one I think that our inner self ponders on the life that we have personally lead. We look around at the funeral and see the number of people in attendance and think "I hope there are this many people at my funeral". We hear the sweet words that are spoken about the one that has left this mortal state and we pray that we are half as kind or loving as they were. At least that's how I felt today.I was blessed to be able to know "Hetty" Thomas for the last 3 years of her life. She was part of my ward family. She always had a smile for me. As I would pass her regular seat on the back row she would reach out and hold my hand and tell me how pretty I looked. I loved listening to her stories and I would always think "when I'm old I want to be as classy as you". She was an amazing woman - so kind and dear to everyone who crossed her path. I want to be like that when I grow up too. Hetty lost her sweetheart almost exactly 2 years ago and her heart was broken. I know that she is so happy to be with him now. I will miss her and will forever be grateful for her example and kindness in my life.
2 comments:
I want to cry! I had no idea she had passed away. She was SUCH a sweet lady!
Such a sweet tribute. I am sorry for your loss.
Post a Comment