
I like the term "goals" rather than "resolutions" because resolutions to me means nothing more than a solution to a problem - where a goal is a means of achievement. So yes - goal it is.
Like many other people across the world - I too set goals for 2010. Things I felt would improve me as a person. Our whole family sat down last Monday night and discussed goals and what we wanted to accomplish. We talked about short term goals and long term goals - goals as individuals and goals as a family. It was sort of enlightening!
Anyway - one of my personal goals was to read one church book a month. I have a few hanging around the house that have been started - but not finished and I can use all the extra strength and knowledge I can get - so this is one of the goals that I set for myself. While I was out looking for a calendar on Saturday I found a book at Deseret that caught my eye. It's called "Finding Daylight - How the Lord Works Through Our Disappointments". Since someone special gave me a gift card for Christmas - I didn't feel too guilty about purchasing yet another book to bring home! I started reading it - and although I'm not done - I can already see the wisdom in the words that are contained between the covers of this book. I'm excited to finish it!
Other goals that were set by various members include completing homework daily, reading the entire Book of Mormon, learning to cook, physical fitness, and less contention. Maybe I should write that last one really big on poster board and post it all over the house! ;)
3 comments:
AH! Less contention sound great to me. I still have some vinyl we could both stick all over our walls and see if it helps. It's time for a cruise...right? (BIG sigh) Wishful thinking. I'll have to settle for Calgon (take me away). :)
I love that goal! Tell me your recomendations. I always get overwhelmed when I try to choose one to read.
Hey - don't forget that you have a brother in law that can bring home DEMO books too - so if you need help with your goal, let me know. :)
Post a Comment