I think it's so funny when kids start to really talk. Some can't say the letter "s" - others it's the letter "r" and so on. For L - it's both and this makes it really fun to try and decipher what he's saying! This evening he came in with a new phrase and he just won't stop saying it - doesn't matter what we replace the phrase with or try to get him to say instead - he just goes back to the same .... "Holy Cwap" (looooong O on that Holy). We can't help but giggle when he says it - it sounds so funny (ok - and I think it's cute too) -but it's not very becoming of a 2 year old so we tried getting him to say "Holy Cow" (he didn't even try that one) and M's favorite - "Holy my moly". With this one he got an evil laugh and put his little hands together and rubbed his fingers (you know - like the famous evil professors you see on cartoons) and said "Hoooly my mooooly" (evil laugh and grin). I was excited - it might have actually worked - but alas - I was wrong - right back to "Holy Cwap" we went - now he's in bed saying it over and over "Holy Cwap", "Holy Cwap", "Holy Cwap".....
2 comments:
What a cutie! I can just hear his little voice saying that too. Sounds like he's hooked on the phrase though so you might just have to let it run its course. :)
LOL - It's just as funny reading about it as when you told me and Patty ... :) He's so cute... like today when he whispered at me "Can I go with you" - SO funny.
Post a Comment