She had to be there and be set up and ready to meet the judges by 9:30am on Tuesday (Feb. 23). We got there at about 9:15! The judging sheets were at her table, along with her name tag and a reminder about the awards ceremony. We got her set up and I was swept out of the building like an unwanted animal within 15 minutes! At this point I had to hope that she remembered everything that her Science teacher told her, everything that we told her, and that she would keep smiling no matter what happened!At 1pm the parents were allowed to return. I took some pics of the other projects in the Energy/Transportation category.
These are some more of the projects from K's category. We learned at the awards ceremony that over 10,000 students participated in the school science fair. Only 300 students advanced to district. In K's category there were 15 projects.
Thursday night - time for awards. I don't know whose stomach was turning more - hers or mine! We waiting patiently - on the 2nd row of the auditorium for the ceremony to start. K read a book, I texted Tim! Finally they got the show on the road and just as I thought - they gave awards based on category. Chemistry had over 90 students in it - WOW (note to self: stay away from Chemistry projects next year!). Anyway, they called the Energy/Transportation group to line up. K got up and made her way to the wall. They started calling names and K was still standing there - just looking around. Then the lady announced... 3rd place, K.B. - I saw her smile as she made her way to the stage and accepted her award and shook hands with people like the man in charge at Hill AFB, and a bazillion principals (ours wasn't one of them though - she didn't show). Anyway, K was upset at first - she wanted to be in the top 2 - because she thought they go to nationals - but you can't do nationals until 9th grade - so she has some time to perfect whatever she wants to work on! Anyway... we are very proud of her and her little project - not too shabby for your first science fair! The kid that won K's division did the Solar Power project.




5 comments:
Awesome!! Congrats K!!!
You rock, K!! Congratulations!!
Nicely Done!
WAY TO GO!!! That is so exciting!!
Tell K I'm so proud of her!
Post a Comment