If you don't cook, or you're not from the Salt Lake area - then you probably aren't familiar with Orson Gygi. Heck... I enjoy cooking and I've lived here for a few years now, and I only learned about this little gem a few months ago! Anyway, OG offers culinary classes, everything you can imagine for your kitchen, KITCHENS, spices and other ingredients and lots, LOTS more!I've been keeping my eyes on the cooking classes that OG offers because they all look so yummy and fascinating - but they are also $50.00+ for each class (depending on the class). Oh, but I let my mind wander... and I think about how much fun it would be to take a class, or two, or three! Chinese Cuisine, Knife Skills, Everything Chocolate... oh, they all sound wonderful!
So, OG is revamping their website and they have moved into the age of Facebook like so many other businesses. Of course I "became a fan" as soon as I saw this and began scrolling through some of their most recent posts. I came across one that caught my eye - "What's in YOUR Kitchen?" - FREE class this Saturday (registration necessary). OOO, was I too late? I sent an e-mail and late last night I got a reply that my name had been added to the list! YAY!!!
So, today I went and I had so much fun learning about the staple spices that everyone should have, the different types of cookware that are out there and even KNIVES (and how to hold and chop properly with them! And that everyone needs a GOOD knife!). Can you feel my excitement? After the 90 minute class, I spent a good hour walking around OG and day dreaming about my "dream kitchen" in sweet tones of brown and cream! Beautiful granite counter tops and even a camera in the ceiling so that my kids can watch me cook on the flat screen TV on the wall (just like I got to do in class today!) But for now, I'll have to settle with finding a decent knife... and maybe a cool chef coat like the chef had on today (I don't have to go to culinary school for that - do I?)!
No comments:
Post a Comment