me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

gonna be one of THOSE weeks

It's Tuesday and I was really hoping that I'd wake up and it would be Friday! So much for wishful thinking. This week is jam packed with things... fortunately it's all spread out! Today is the District Science Fair. I got K up to the conference center where she needed to be, her Science teacher saw us as soon as we walked in and led K to her table. We got her set up (right between "which oven bakes better" and "which battery lasts longest"). Everything seemed so rushed and there didn't seem to be much time to remind K to slow down when she's talking, to speak clearly, to make eye contact, to read the judging criteria, etc... Hope she can remember it all from the first round!
In addition to this, Tim woke up yesterday and wasn't able to put any pressure on his ankle. There is no telling what happened. He was walking fine on Sunday and then Monday he can hardly walk at all. There is some swelling but a LOT of pain. Today he is on crutches and is still hurting. Hasn't gone to see a Dr. about it (MEN) but someone mentioned that it could be gout in his ankle. Tim has gout already - but it's in his toes... so if it's moved to his ankle then I think we'll give serious thought to those little shots that can cure the disease!
N will be earning his Tiger badge, along with several beads, on Thursday night at the Scouts Blue & Gold Banquet. It's gonna be great... but I won't be there. NOPE... I was reminded today that the awards ceremony for the science fair are also on Thursday night - at the SAME TIME as N's scout stuff. (oh, and I scheduled Visiting Teaching for that night too... something has gotta give!)
So, between all of that, Violin lessons, baptism preparations, YW camp stuff, and general household duties... yeah, CRAZY!!
To make matters worse - the sun is shining and you know where I like to be when that happens... NOT INSIDE!!
(p.s.... M picked the dress in the VERY CENTER of the 2nd collage - it's DARLING!)

2 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

Sometimes your busy schedules reminds me of this quote I LOVE...

"Life is not just a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely and in a pretty good and well preserved body, but rather a skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “WOW, what a ride!”"
— Anonymous

ENJOY the ride!

elkaholic said...

Yep...it's a sad day when I am so old that I get injured while sleeping.